
Kevin invited me to go with him to the BYU-Utah State football game last Friday night, since Carrie didn't want to leave the kids along so late. I was at first a little hesitant and then remembered I have always enjoyed seeing the BYU games in the stadium, and why not! So I bundled up for extreme cold and toddled off to the game with Kevin (after he assured me he has great parking privileges, which is true!) We went to the pre-game Cougar Club meeting and I very wisely passed up the opportunity to personally tell Orrin Hatch that I think he really needs to retire and let somebody else be our Senator, but of course felt very self-important to be in the same room with him. Three past Cougar stars were there and spoke. I am always interested in Chad Lewis since his dad has been so connected with our family.
I really enjoyed the game but had way too many jackets and blankets with me. I got a souvenir mug with hot chocolate, and popcorn, and then finally had to break down and get a hot dog. I mean, how can you go to a football/baseball/basketball game in a stadium without getting a hot dog?! Oh, the smell...Yum!!
I'm not too old to do the wave, which I hadn't done in many years, and enjoyed the experience of being there in the stadium with all the fans. BYU won, which was the best thing of all! (I may have to start secretly watching the games on TV.)
Kevin, anytime you need somebody to go with you, I'm interested!
Glad you had fun. It sounds like one of the worst things I'd ever have to go through. I would uv brought a book to read. Was it "all lit up like the 4th of July" so it "made [you] want a hot dog real bad"?
ReplyDelete>Chad Lewis since his dad has been so connected with our family.
ReplyDeleteHow is he connected with our family?
>It sounds like one of the worst things I'd ever have to go through
Don't worry, LeeAnn. Football is a complex game. Not everybody understands it. :)
Reed--Dr. Lewis was my doctor while we lived in Utah before. He delivered Libby, stitched up your finger, and was her "sponsor" from Rotary Club when she went to Holland. He also grew up with my cousin Roger Halterman in Cedar City. I call that kind of connected. Also, it was Libby, not LeeAnn, who doesn't like football, although probably LeeAnn doesn't, either.
ReplyDelete>Dr. Lewis
ReplyDeleteAh, I see. I didn't know that. I guess Chad was one of the kids watching as their dad sewed me up that day. He may even have been the one who said "Dad, can I try it?" to which I replied "NO!"
>it was Libby
Oh, hud, I did write "LeeAnn." I know that "Sproatmeal" is Libby, but I guess I spaced as I was typing fast so I could get back to my super fun translation job...
And no, LeeAnn doesn't understand football either.
lingul: Related to languges.
No worries, I'm not too offended. Though I can't believe you don't remember the doctor who delivered me! Oh yeah, and your finger thing, too. It's okay you got me mixed up with LeeAnn. That happens all the time because we are SO MUCH ALIKE! Meaning, neither one of us goes by the last name Peterson anymore, so anything other than that doesn't matter.
ReplyDelete>SO MUCH ALIKE!
ReplyDeleteYou are. Ed Zachary alike. I actually thought I only had one sister that lived in different places, and went by different names. And was married to two different guys at the same time.