Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fun Sunday Night After Conference Dinner

We got everybody together Sunday night for the first time in a long time. Kevin and Carrie and 5 kids; Marina (who couldn't walk because of her amazing marathon run the day before--Go, Marina!); Sabrina (thank you for your major contribution to Marina's adventure!) Andy and Amanda and 3 kids; George and LeeAnn and 2 kids; and of course the Gramster. Kevin brought pulled pork for which I had made rolls for sandwiches; Carrie brought her awesome mac and cheese, which had only pan-lickings left over, 2 kinds of cole slaw, fruit salad (thanks Amanda!), chips from the University girls, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies made by Grandma. It was very fun.

The little kids always have a great time downstairs. I am trying to simplify and organize down there so that I don't get so anxious when they're down there by themselves for so long. They don't really want to watch anything on TV, and can make up their own games if they have the right stuff. Busbyberkly and Madison have decided they're too old to play with the little kids. I think maybe I'll end up putting a card table and chairs in David's office and provide paper, crayons, pencils, scissors, etc. for them to make things. They can close the door and see if they can disappear.

Jakey can open both locks on the front and back doors. I heard a little voice saying, "It's raining. It's raining." and when I went to investigate he was on the front porch enjoying the rain and starting to go down the front steps into it. He talks a lot now. And Wilder walks everywhere. It's really fun to see these little ones develop.





Even though Thanksgiving is over a month away, we decided to make our plans. Turns out we will have a traditional turkey dinner here with the side dishes still to be assigned. It will be really nice, I think; the first time I will have been able to do it with everybody (minus those of you who live too far away!)since many years ago. At least Marina will be here to represent Reed's family. Libby, maybe you'd better send us a photo or effigy so we feel you and Ethan are here. (I'll just put a plastic turkey with 10 feathers on the table to represent Scott's family....) Maybe I'll get him back up here sometime...I hope before my funeral, anyway!

The holidays are coming!! I LOVE this time of yeara!! Yeah!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like another event that you would like but that would have made me feel very antsy. I started stressing out just reading how many people were there all at one time...

    It'll be really nice to come at Christmas and see everyone again, but I'm going to have to prep myself quite a bit for any huge get togethers. Can I just go into the "big kid" room with Madison and Busbyberkly? I'll even plan a craft to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word verification was seriously "indeedso." I think this is like a Magic 8 ball because it answered the question I had just posed. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy and Amanda get kind of stressed out, too. We'll have to take that into consideration when we plan our fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it was a little too much for me. Luckily, the kids spent most of the time downstairs, except for Maddy and Busbyberkly, who quietly drew pictures at the counter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. >Maybe I'll get him back up here sometime...I hope before my funeral, anyway!

    If you told him when that was going to be, he could probably make plans.

    ReplyDelete