Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Birthday Fun

I had a lovely birthday this year. I spent about a week with cousin Bonnie in Long Beach, where we ate out, went to movies, and stayed up late and slept in and gabbed 24/7. On the birthday she took me to the Crab Cooker in Newport Beach, a funky little place that has been a favorite since we lived in Fountain Valley in the 70s. Then we took the ferry over to Lido Island, where we enjoyed our traditional frozen bananas and reminisced some more. Sandra gave me birthday money to use on my vacation so I was able to do fun things, and Bonnie treated me to a Gladys Knight concert at the Cerritos Performing Arts Center. We had dinner at Mimi's before, then thoroughly enjoyed the show. She had tickets for Bill Cosby the next day but for reasons unknown to us, his show was canceled, so we settled for dinner at a Black Angus.

It was quite hot most of the time I was there, which is unusual for the beach area of Long Beach, and I left 90 degrees there to come to the SLC airport and about 40 degrees with a cold wind. I was totally unprepared, so had a bit of a freeze until Marina came to pick me up. (Thank you, Marina!)

Libby made me a lovely photo book of our travels in Europe in May. I enjoyed getting together with my kids and grandkids here when I got home. And then General Conference this last weekend finished up my festivities wonderfully. I had really looked forward to Conference and it didn't disappoint!

We are having lovely autumn weather and I am in heaven!

4 comments:

  1. That's a bummer about the Bill Cosby show! I really wanted to hear about it because it sounded fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed about a week, which was just right. (Actually, maybe 6 days would have been better.) Last winter was too long. I start getting annoying--and annoyed--about 5 days into it. But I love Bonnie and would do anything for her. But I really hope I don't ever have to live with her!! And I'm sure she feels the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coincidentally, "Black Angus" was Bill Cosby's stage name in his early days of Stand-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >"Black Angus" was Bill Cosby's stage name in his early days of Stand-up.

    He also went by "Black Agnes" for a few months during a period of personal confusion regarding his sexual orientation.

    ReplyDelete