Stayed home yesterday and slept a lot. Apparently our Branch President publicly praised me for staying home since I wasn't well, and encouraged others to do the same. With a community of old people, our leaders are trying very hard to keep the germs under control. I'm not sure if they have said not to even shake hands...that was a rumor I heard, but I haven't been to our branch for several weeks, so I don't know. I'm feeling better today but still have head cold symptoms, so that must be what I have. It doesn't seem to be flu-like--that's a relief.
My sweet visiting teaching companion brought me some chicken noodle soup this afternoon, and it was yummy. I have actually gotten quite a bit done today, but just quiet stuff, nothing very physical. I am hoping to feel LOTS better tomorrow!
We may get rain or even snow tomorrow. I can hardly wait! Weather, bring it on! Just so we have good weather and clear roads for our drive to Tucson this weekend. And no more sniffles, either! I don't want my germs to go interstate! (Although I probably got them from Marina, who was VERY sick week before last.)
PS: Still haven't had my pork noodles. Maybe tomorrow.
When are we going to finally get a 1st Presidency letter telling Mormons to quit shaking hands? I always bring hand sanitizer with me to church. This whole cultural (not just Church) "let's shake hands" thing really needs to stop.
ReplyDeleteBut, I'm glad you're feeling better and not spreading your disease!
The kids and I were all at the beginnging, middle, or end of colds on Sunday, so we only went to Sacrament Meeting (had to go to at least SOME of church at the new building at a new time!). Didn't want to have the kids spread germs in Primary. I shook one person's hand, to do my part to infect the ward...
ReplyDeleteI don't know that we'll ever get a directive to stop shaking hands. Shaking hands has both a spiritual symbolic significance and a psychological/emotional bonding effect. The last few times I attended a Catholic church service they had a portion of the service dedicated to shaking hands with the people around you. But then they have been drinking out of the same cup for years, too! At least we don't do that any more! (Well, they don't actually, either, they dip the wafer, but it's sort of...)
ReplyDeleteLet's hear it for hand sanitizer! We had no clue in the 50s that any such thing would ever be a big part of everybody's religious (or even social) life! But then we didn't have as many dreadful things lurking around back then, either. Actually I think my little bottle that I got in the temple is still in the pocket of one of my temple dresses. I admit I haven't gotten into it yet. Old dogs and new tricks kind of thing. You know.
>they dip the wafer
ReplyDeleteYeah, floaties are always better...