I have been working for awhile to make a baby quilt for my newest grandchild, Magdalena Lacher, whose mother, Ina Isermann, was our German exchange student in high school, and with whom we have maintained a close relationshipfor the (how many?) years since. The quilt, which I showed earlier on the frame, is finished and I will get it in the mail in the next couple of days. Then I will continue working on the one I'm making for Elliot Ephraim.


Ina is married to Germar Lacher and is now living in a suburb of London, where Germar is an adjutant to the Vice Admiral of the NATO fleet. Ina's mother, Marianne, was a very dear friend who unfortunately passed away several years ago, and I am hoping to fill in as Magdalena's "Oma", albeit in a very small way. Ina and I have been very close and I feel as if she is nearly a daughter. She is, in fact, the only red-headed and long-legged daugher I will ever have, and it looks as if she is giving me the red-headed grandchild I have always wanted!
Of course you know that the next trip that I really MUST take is to London to visit them. Now I just have to find some extra money lying around!
That would be fun to go see Ina in London. Ethan and I will carry all your bags and do the driving and take care of you if you pay for us to go there. Sound good?
ReplyDeleteI love the naked German picture. How very Gustav Klimt "Mother and Child." I actually love that painting...
I knew you'd like it. Our group here on Sunday night was rather scandalized! But then, they aren't as cosmopolitan as you and I! I just kept saying to them, "It's ART".
ReplyDeleteThe best was how Judy was "subtly" hiding the naked pic behind the baby pic when she showed it around the room...
ReplyDelete>"It's ART".
ReplyDeleteLike Playboy, Hustler, and strip clubs.
I read Judy's blog for the articles!
ReplyDeleteUh, Knucklehead Pete, I don't think so....
ReplyDeleteYou don't think strip clubs are art? They always have fancy, creative names! And I hear they do pole dancing, and dancing is considered to be an art. (Though, I personally wouldn't pay money to go watch Polish people dance, even in a place with a fancy, creative name.)
ReplyDeletePole dancing isn't art; it's exercise. At least it's now a common class at Gold's Gym (yes, in Utah).
ReplyDeletePOLE DANCING!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlbHA5boKN8