Thursday, August 20, 2009

Let's hear it for Netflix instant play!

Kevin came over last night and hooked up my new Roku to the downstairs TV so now I can watch the Instant Play movies on Netflix. I got into that at Scott's house and it seems ideal for having the kids over and also for me when I don't have a new DVD. I've been too busy today to watch it, but the quilting frame is downstairs and I plan on watching something good while I'm down there quilting! I want to keep my cable TV for the few things I want to watch, but most of it is pretty useless as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and tonight Sandra explained to me what Skype is. I first heard the word a few weeks ago. I guess I am really behind the times--her laptop is wired for it.

I've been thinking today what a great time of life I am in. I have so many interesting things to do, and I love my house and the people in my life. If I just didn't have the money thing hanging over me. I've lived the manna method before, and it always works, but I really don't like it!

4 comments:

  1. Well, Ethan just had to look up Skype because we'd never heard of it before. So, we are even more behind the times than you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refused to do skype. People can call my cell if they wanna talk! Or email, Facebook, etc. :)

    I just watch Netflix movies on my laptop if needed. Although now we might cancel unless I get a good job soon.

    Your profile is so PINK, Judy-Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're just trying to get us to come over and visit more often...bribes, just bribes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, whatever works...you want cookies and ice cream, too???

    ReplyDelete