Today I can finally cross off "Label the photos" from my to-do list. Leah sent me the pictures she took and asked "where were we in this one?" and I had my own 100+ to go through and label. I discovered too late that once I started labeling them they reordered themselves, and I had counted on their position in the line to help me make sure I placed them correctly.
Well, after sorting them by "details" which included dates and helped with my own shots, and double-checking them against the originals that Leah sent, I finally have them all filed correctly (I hope) according to country. Now my to-do list includes "Mail CD to Leah."
And so now, of course, I have an excuse to upload a few of my favorites. I have long ago given up on having other people thrilled to see my travel photos, even though I love seeing other people's, but in case you're interested, there are definitely more where these came from. I loved having a digital camera (thanks to my wonderful kids for the best Christmas gift ever!) and was able to get rid of or fix a number of shots that in former times would have gone into my collection of the "worst amateur photos ever taken" of which I have a bejillion, at least, from all over the world!
I'm still learning how to do this, so photos and descriptions might get scrambled. I'll do my best!
We loved the open air fruit and vegetable markets. In Denmark I finally got my batch of fresh peas, which I absolutely loved, although the two photos are in Helsinki. You can see the wind was blowing on the pier at Tallinn, Estonia, and the beautiful ceiling in the Hermitage in St. Petersburg was indescribably gorgeous--it would have to be seen to be believed. Bottom right is the facade of the old city in Rostock, Germany, a short train ride from Warnemunde, where we docked for a day.
This ambitious young mother (or nanny) had altogether five little ones out with this triple stroller for 3, and she was wearing stilleto heels, besides. This was also in Rostock old town.
Both Leah and I frankly enjoyed mingling with the "locals" more than we liked the tourist spots, so our visits to Roskilde (Denmark) and Warnemunde/Rostock (Germany) were highlights. In Rostock we went to a TJMax store that had incredible bargains, but we controlled ourselves.
I would love to go back to St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Tallinn, and Gdansk. A cruise was nice to get a little taste, but these 4 places could use at least a week or more to experience their loveliness.
So Libby, now I can also do a travel report on OUR trip, too!



You're such a world traveller!
ReplyDeleteI'm SOOOO glad I will NEVER have use for a triple stroller...especially for 5... Even Abe's about out of stroller age for our Disneyland Trips...
Next time you upload photos, you might want to choose "center image" so you don't save 3-letter-width columns to the side of your pictures...
How can you say "The Proposal" was clean? I remember at least 3 or 4 things just in the PREVIEW that were inappropriate!
I'm so glad you were able to get a picture of native children on your trip. Wouldn't have been a trip without that, right? But I think I prevented you from taken any on our Europe trip in May...
ReplyDeleteI like looking at your travel pictures, but mostly if they are from places I want to visit and if you can actually tell me where/what they are. I labeled mine up through Budapest, but none of Prague are labeled, and I've already forgotten most of the places. I have a total of about 2500 digital pictures in iPhoto (from the past 2 1/2 years) that still need to be labeled...
Andy, thanks for the tip about the photos. I think the previews must have taken the only slightly questionable situations out of context, because other than the male dancer who went down to his thong, (and it was comedy, not serious), the rest was pretty tame. Maybe I shouldn't have described it as "clean" because it did have a PG rating.
ReplyDeleteLibby, I can try to tell you. Most of the places we saw, but not all, we saw from a bus, and didn't go in a lot, so it's harder to remember. Did I tell you we drove by Lech Walesa home/compound in Gdania or Gdansk (in the forest outskirts, so I don't know for sure which--or maybe even Sopot. It's a tri-city area).
And Libby, you will be glad to know I controlled myself many times. Although there we didn't see a lot of children on our excursions, they were very cute, and I wouldn't have taken the one I did but the triple stroller was unusual! I am putting your CD of the trip in the mail today.
A mother of five (nanny?) in stilettos! I LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteHere's a movie to see if you think Viggo Mortensen is hot: Eastern Promises. Andy would really get upset over indecency.