I've been really busy the last couple of weeks, but tonight I'll catch up a little. First news is that my sweet husband David gave me an early birthday present of 2 dozen red roses. Apparently sometime before he died he arranged with his granddaughter Jenny that she was to buy me flowers on my birthday to let me know that he loves me and is thinking of me, and gave her $20 to buy them. (That in itself is somewhat of a surprise! As you may know, he was not quick to part with $$.) He frequently insisted on getting flowers, usually red roses, for me at Costco and was so sweet about expressing his love and affection for me. I miss him so much!
Jenny and I had lunch at Paradise Bakery and spent the afternoon together. I really enjoy and appreciate our relationship.
The last few days of last week were really quite fun. Leah came on Thursday afternoon. I picked her up at the airport and then we went to a place that had been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (or something like that) for lunch--Ruth's, which is an old restaurant up Emigration Canyon. We had yummy sandwiches and tried their trademark mac and cheese, which was very good, (but Amanda and Carrie both make it better!) and a chocolate malt pudding with whipped cream on top, served in a parfait glass, for dessert. It was great! That night Leah and Sandra and I went to a play "Over the River and Through the Woods" at the Hale theatre in Orem. I had seen it before but knew they would really enjoy it, which they did. Friday night I went to the Open House for Merilee's daughter Michelle, which was nice. It is always such a pleasure to be with the Peterson side of my family.
Saturday night I went with the Lusvardis and a group of other Petersons to see "Julie and Julia" again. It was just as delightful the second time!! It seems that there were some other fun things over the weekend, but I can't remember. On Monday, LeeAnn and I met Julianne, Merilee, and Leah at a little teahouse in South Draper for a wonderful lunch, and again a yummy dessert. Then Leah and Merilee came home with me and we worked on the quilt I'm doing for Lily. It is almost finished. I just need to do some places at each of the corners which got missed because of the way the frame fits. Then I'll start quilting the smaller one I made for Ina's baby, Magdalena. I'm having such a good time!
Kevin installed my Roku a couple of weeks ago and I am making good use of it downstairs where I can sit at the frame and quilt.
What a sweet surprise and fun week! Your flowers look beautiful.
ReplyDelete