Friday, August 7, 2009

Fun evening tonight

Tonight the Utah Stuarts met Ben and Sarah for dinner at the Loco Lizard in Park City. Charlie made the rounds of the table, with everyone wanting to kiss those cheeks and see his big smile. He was very impressive in his amiability! Eli is growing into a real boy. I had a very short conversation with him about his Mr. Potato Head. He was a little more reserved than Charlie, but good-natured and agreeable in spite of his disappointment with his crayons that were basically non-functional. So nice to see the Seversons!!

I ran a few errands today but didn't get much else done. Well, I did reposition the carpet in the living room and tidy up the furniture arrangement a bit. Tomorrow I'll have Micah, Parker and Abby for a few hours. We're going to meet the Kevin Petersons at the Bean Museum, which is always fun.

It's late. I have been watching Monk and sewing. I have all the pieces cut for six blocks to take with me to Houston. I will need probably 3 more blocks of some kind. I think I'll wait to lay these out before I decide whether to do more of the same or introduce an alternate design.

I have to admit it's somewhat bittersweet to be with the Stuarts. I love them and enjoy being part of the family, but I want my sweet David to be there with us.

Ciao for now.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just have the most exciting life in the world?! Friends and family all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm catching up on blogs today and read your sweet post. It was fun to see you a few weeks ago! Thanks so much for making the trek out to Park City.

    ReplyDelete