
On August 10 I flew to Houston for my first look at new grandson Benjamin Atticus, and a really nice visit with Scott and Amy. They made me feel so welcome. I stayed only a couple of days, but with their busy schedule I think it was long enough. They are very involved with a school boundary re-zoning that will affect their kids. It was very fun to see what they were doing in the community. Benjamin is really a cutey, with big blue eyes like his dad, and definitely a chubby round Peterson face. He is so darling, and seems pretty easy-going, as well. Lots of people at his house to pick him up and smile at him!
I was able to see everyone but Nicole, who I haven't seen for ages, but Adam, Grace and Emma, as well as the younger kids, were there. It has been hard to be involved and maintain relationships at such a distance, but they are wonderful kids and I think Scott and Amy are doing so many good things for them.
Houston in August is not the most pleasant place, but with an air-conditioned house, car, and restaurants, I was happy. Scott took me to a couple of really good restaurants. He knows eating out is one of my big delights! And he made sure I had a big diet Coke every morning there for me when I got up. He's the one who got me started on DC about 25 years ago, and I haven't gotten over it yet!
I took my camera but didn't take any photos--shame on me. I'm hoping Amy will send me some. (The ones above came from Amy's facebook!)
Kevin took me to the airport and picked me up. I was about an hour late getting to the pick-up area. We circled over the Great Salt Lake for a really long time waiting for the landing strip or an open gate or something. Not a bad flight. I told Scott and Amy they made a big mistake being so nice to me. I will probably want to go back to visit them again!
I don't know how someone (me) who is retired without anything to do has so much to do! I run out of day before I run out of projects. I'm really having fun!


Sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to see them, we really wish we could make a visit out there. I had at least the chance to see Abs and Micah Nikki and Emma before they left Utah. And Hannah before that. I think they're all pretty cool, but I was sad to miss Grace and Parker when they've been here. And I suppose I'd have to go to Austin to see Nico and is Adam still in Houston?
ReplyDeleteBenjamin really is a cutie! And I usually don't like other people's kids. :)
ReplyDelete