The one on the far right, Peggy Benson Evans, has joined the Church. I was very excited.
But how did they all get so old! I was surprised to learn that over 30 of us have died already, including 2 girls that I was very close to as a teen-ager. It was funny to see the guys I was so crazy about--now they are pretty much fat and balding and not particularly interesting. I visited with everybody. It was nice to see that the "hot shots" didn't need to be so 'hot" any more. Everyone has grown up a lot!! Like 50 years worth, maybe?? We had a buffet dinner one night, and this was the pig we ate. It was delicious!!
My sweet sister Sandra went with me and we had a joyous ride up, discovering a super wonderful ice cream shop in Idaho Falls (Reed's Dairy) and having a great time chatting away. She knew at least by name many of the kids that were there. Some of them had siblings her age, and others we both knew because of our parents' relationships with other couples through 4-H, square dancing, neighbors, or just living in a farm/ranch world of Bozeman and Belgrade. We heard some good things about our brother Monty's teaching in Belgrade. He was a super teacher and much appreciated.
We brought Jessica Banna and a friend back with us so they could go to EFY at the U of U. They were fun, giggly girls. Reminded me of days long gone by...
Next reunion in 5 years. Get ready, Sandra! We'll do this again.
Sounds fun! You are just always having way too much fun. I doubt I will ever go to a 50th reunion. I didn't even go to my 5th or 10th.
ReplyDeleteLib, maybe you'll go to a 20th? Some people will look 40+, a few will look great and you'll wonder why you thought they were geeky in H.S.!
ReplyDeleteI guess it's hard at your 50th when so many people have died. By my 10th, about 4 or 5 students had died. But it's so awesome your friend joined the church! I always hoped for that with my friends.