We have had a wonderful couple of days with lots of snow piling up. Yesterday it was pretty tough driving around, e.g. it took Ethan over an hour to drive here from BYU, which is usually perhaps 20 minutes. Today we got a little more snow, but it was also warmer and so the snow and slush on the roads melted and yet the ground is white and puffy. Beautiful!
Last night in the big snowstorm, Mark and Julianne Lusvardi and Jolene Hood (all Peterson cousins) came for chimichangas, which I have been making for the Bezzants/Petersons for many years. It is Elaine Bezzant's recipe, from back before chimichangas were commonly found in Mexican restaurants like they are now. Chimichangas were actually created in Tucson, and Sunset magazine ran a recipe many long years ago. Elaine made them and I picked up the recipe and the tradition. They were truly yummy, and it was so fun to be together with these favorite family members.
Tonight Sandra and Molly came over and we played "Ticket to Ride" which is one of our favorite games. As always, I came in last. I need to play it several times within a short period of time so I'll remember all the rules and strategies. It took me half the game to remember that I needed to be saving cards of a specific color, so by then I was way behind. Besides, I don't do much strategizing. But we had some good laughs and great conversation. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening!
Tomorrow is the last day of 2009. What a year this has been!! Everybody I know (except my family) thinks I must be rich because I did so much traveling last year. If they only knew...! But I am hoping to be able to bring in some extra money, and then I'll have to decide how to spend it. I'd love to spend a week with Reed, and a week with Scott, and a week with Libby...There will always be more places to go than I have money.
I'm starting to piece a new lap quilt. Gives me an excuse to watch TV!!
We've been having so much fun, haven't we?
ReplyDelete