Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Beautiful Snow!







It is a beautiful, white day outside, and this is the weather I love. I'm waiting for the dr. to call. Yesterday I had a CT scan and some other lab work done to try to identify what is causing my killer pain. Last word is it might be a kidney stone, which would explain both the pain and the fever. I just know that I have tons to do and I must feel better by Thursday for my trip! I felt better yesterday after a long nap, thought that I just hadn't been taking enough pain meds, so I went out and got a few things done, but today the meds don't seem to be doing much, although I still need to go out for some things. I'm trying to get Christmas done as much as possible!

My home teacher just came over with another elder and gave me a blessing. I really want to feel well enough to go to Seattle, and I think it's the Lord's errand, so I am counting on feeling ok by then. But I wish the dr. would call back. He didn't seem to take this pain as seriously as I do!

Last night Andy's family was going to come over and help me put up the tree, but I couldn't get out to buy stuff I needed for the dinner. I thought I'd be fine tonight, so I rescheduled. It will be fine. I want to at least get the tree up before I leave, but I am also wondering how much decorating I really want to do. Maybe not as much as usual.

Oh, it's so beautiful outside!!

10 comments:

  1. You have to decorate, but you can totally wait until Ethan and I get there. I don't mind doing the decorating and taking the decorations down.

    And don't die!!! At least not before I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're not feeling great. I've had kidney stones and they are not fun, but they are fixable so that would be a good thing as long as you can get rid of them! Thanks for the movie reviews. I appreciate your opinion. Take care and I hope you'll be able to make the trip to Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just pain. It won't hurt you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was just reading some stuff and drinking Cola (not just soda, but COla specifically) increases your chances of having kidney stones...

    ReplyDelete
  5. >Twilight: New Moon.

    You had no rusty nails to ram into your eyes instead?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My word to input for the comment was "pfcuct." I have a vague sense that I should be offended...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, the word verification on that comment was "pudge." Now I AM offended.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I didn't realize that blogger is so vulgar! Wait, isn't "blogger" something nasty, too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet the blogspot word verification team is laughing in a very nerdy way at the words they come up with.

    And why the heck did you see Twilight?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh heh, Reed... "pudge..."

    I've never had a kidney stone and I drink plenny o' cola.

    Mom, hope you're better. I'm sure you are; this entry is old. I work too much.

    ReplyDelete