This has been a very busy week or so. I had a great time in Las Vegas. We went to the Donny and Marie show, which was fantastic, saw some movies, ate some great food, and then Bonnie and I have had a good visit back up here. She left this morning, and I hope she'll come back often now that she has the freedom to leave home.
Joel was baptized today. What a dear boy he is! I really appreciate Andy and Amanda's parenting of their children. They are raising sweet and creative children who are such blessings in our family.
Last night Sandra, Bonnie and I went to see "Nuncrackers" at the SCERA. It's a Christmas version of "Nunsense" which is a fairly popular little play around the country. We wondered if Catholics have as much fun watching plays that mock Mormon eccentricities as we do with the foibles of nuns. Nothing mean-spirited at all, just humorous cliches.
I have been fighting a mean backache since we drove back last Tuesday. And I think I must have a sinus infection with a low-grade fever. Whine, whine. I'll try to get a good night's rest and see if I can be better, especially by Monday. I have only 3 days to get a whole bunch of things ready for Christmas. Thursday I go to Seattle, and I need to do some pre-work on that, too. So I need to be feeling my best!
We saw some new movies. I'll make notes on my blog site. I call the selection, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly! And then there's the Bad and Ugly! But I'm pretty well caught up on what I have wanted to see.
Happy Birthday Cougar tomorrow. And Marina, GET WELL!!!
Isn't "Mormon Eccentricities" redundant?
ReplyDeleteEveryone in Utah Valley has the Sinus infection/fever thing happening right now.
Did you like "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly"?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the movie reviews! I hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDelete