Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Gramster's Horrendously Busy Schedule

Having just read about Libby's busy schedule, I thought I should share my own. I am so busy all the time I have a hard time getting things done and just wish there were another 2 or 3 hours in a day.

Monday through Friday:
about 9 or 9:30 (a.m.):wake up
about 10:30 (a.m.) Have breakfast
Make a to-do list,
do something quick and easy so I can feel like I've accomplished something and can sit and quilt without guilt.
Around 2 p.m. I might have a snack,
4 p.m. I take a nap.
7 p.m. Dinner so I can watch "Wheel" while I eat.
7:30 or 8 p.m. Sandra comes to finish watching Jeopardy and What Not to Wear
8 p.m. Watch Netflix or PBS shows and do hand-piecing on a quilt
10 p.m. Sandra leaves. I check my email on the computer and surf the internet. Or quilt and watch something else on TV.
11:30p.m. I remember I haven't taken my pills, so I do
11:32 I must sit up at least 30 min. after taking my pills so I either surf the internet some more or read a cozy mystery for half an hour.
Midnight: I do my bedtime routine
12:30 I get to bed

I do try to sneak in scripture reading somewhere and watering the tomatoes. (Actually I try to do that right after I get up.) As you can see, I am busy from morning to night and find it simply impossible to fit in any exercise. But my fingers are getting sore from quilting...

5 comments:

  1. Your schedule is more lazy and pitiful than Amanda's, and she's 6 months pregnant and on pelvic rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'm sure you must realize that I am greatly exaggerating my leisure time. I have been known to actually accomplish things during the day, but mostly only as much as I feel like doing. I've been so frantically busy most of my life that I am loving the luxury of just taking my time. I really do write a to-do list and mark things off, and most days I get quite a bit done and only do my sewing in the evening when I'm too tired to do anything else, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your life actually sounds nice. I can't wait to be retired. To quote a lady from my Meals-on-Wheels route, "I've been waking up early my whole life! I'm not going to wake up early anymore if I don't have to." So she typically answers the door at 11 a.m. still wearing her pajamas. And she's not the only one who does that! So, yes, your life has been so busy up until this point that I think it is good to just chillax and have any easy life for awhile. Until you get bored...

    ReplyDelete
  4. >she typically answers the door at 11 a.m. still wearing her pajamas

    I do that even though I may have been up since 5:00 a.m.

    Freelance work has its perks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's fantastic that you sleep until 9 or 9:30! Your schedule sounds diverse and interesting. I'd love all that time to be crafty!!

    ReplyDelete