I have been just too incredibly busy to keep up my blog the last week. I'm working on some Christmas presents, trying to evaluate some writers software to use in writing my uncle's life story with him, getting ready for Thanksgiving, and getting ready to go to Las Vegas in the morning. Last Saturday night Sandra and I had tickets to the O. C. Tanner family's "Gift of Music" in the Tabernacle, and I gave the other two tickets to Julianne Lusvardi and her Dad, Bob Bezzant. Julianne drove up, and it was a lovely evening for us. I really like Keith Lockhart, who was the Conductor of the Utah Symphony for 10 years or so, and he conducted Mahler's Symphony 2. The Symphony and the Tabernacle choir and a couple of guest sopranos--it was so nice!
We had a very nice Thanksgiving Day today. I did the turkey and rolls, and everyone else brought everything else! I think a good time was had by all. We have decided to have an oriental buffet on Christmas Eve, and then some families will get together for awhile on Christmas day for brunch or whatever.
Tomorrow I drive to Vegas to spend some time at Jack's house with Bonnie. I understand he has gotten tickets for us to see the Donny and Marie show. I was a bit too old to be a real fan, but of course they must put on a really good show, and I know it will be a fun few days there. Bonnie will drive back up with me next Tuesday Dec. 1. I probably won't have access to a computer until then. I would really like to get a laptop. I have separation anxiety without my computer, and, heaven forbid if I didn't have my phone! On the cruise was bad enough, but at least I knew I was way, way far away then. And to think I was never going to get a cell phone because "the only people who had them were just trying to pretend to be important!" Oh, my!!
Sorry I didn't get the pics to you in time!! They were on my Facebook, and George was offering to even put the original files on a disc. You still have the rest of December, don'tcha?
ReplyDeleteGive Jack and Bonster my love!