
My raclette party last night was very fun. Everything went well, good conversation, guests were impressed by the novelty of the raclette grill, and we had a very nice evening. I think I need to do raclette more often so I can remember all the little tricks of the trade that make it easy and fun. However, with raclette costing over $20 a lb., we may be reduced to cheaper cheese! It's the process and the conversation that make it such a wonderful event.
I had raclette, gouda, brie, and freshly grated parmesan, and for the grill: canadian bacon, salami, chicken, zucchini, mushrooms, red, green and yellow peppers, boiled potatoes, shallots, pickled onions, cornichons, sugar snap peas, and apple slices. We also had pomegranate salad and some great artisan bread. Our simple dessert was wonderful French chocolate truffles, giving a sweet end-of-the-meal without adding to our full tummies. Sandra brought sparkling cider, which was just perfect for our drink!
It was so much fun I think I'll start planning another party--for sometime. Of course, I really should have had another raclette party tonight to use up the leftover ingredients from last night.
Weird, I always thought "raclette" meant "small bosoms."
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha, Andy! Aren't you funny...
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun raclette party! That would be fun to do raclette when we come out, and I would be very satisfied with brie and not the special raclette cheese. Sounds yummy with all those veggies, too.
Just gimme brie and a fresh baguette...
ReplyDelete