Tonight I finished quilting Elliot's quilt. I just have to do the binding now, which will be easy. I am very happy with it. Amanda hasn't felt like going downstairs, where I've had it on a frame, so I think it will be a surprise for her. They wanted bright colors, and that's what it's got!
Leah was kind enough to send me a box of her Christmas fabric and I cut out pieces for stars tonight. I like to have something else to alternate with the quilting, because my fingers get sore if I quilt too long at a time. I guess I need to refine my technique! I hope to visit Leah after the first of the year, to get some "advanced beginner" quilting lessons!
I find that I have a little trouble going to sleep when the last thing I do before bed is sit in front of the computer and surf the web, etc. I am now shutting down sooner and spending a little time reading, and that seems to do the trick. It is unusual for me to have trouble going to sleep, but then, this is a new phase of my life. I really do love to sleep, though. Down comforter, down pillows--heavenly!!
I actually cooked a beef roast in the slow cooker today! Wow! And I am excited about having friends over for dinner on Monday night. It should be fun. I refuse to get uptight about it; Sandra is helping by bringing dessert, and I may ask the other couples to bring something. Or maybe not. It's going to be very simple.
Snow and rain forecast for tomorrow and again on the weekend. Yeah!!
Your quilt looks great!!
ReplyDeleteWait, you say you've been going to bed earlier instead of surfing the web, yet, this blog post is from 11pm?!?! Hmm...
ReplyDeleteSorry Amanda hasn't been able to look at the quilt yet. Maybe you should have one of those electric chairs that go up and down the staircase, like on "Up" and "Gremlins."
Ha ha, Andy, the electric chair comment made me giggle!
ReplyDeleteI guess you really DO actually quilt... unless you're just posting a photo of one somebody else made. : )
Best way to fall asleep -- read a college textbook.