I really enjoyed my time with Uncle Ralph. He didn't feel well enough to work on his life story, and he is concerned that his memory might betray him and allow in some inaccuracies. I guess as a Quality Control guru, he is much more bothered by the fear of "mistakes" than the rest of us! It was a lovely time with him. It rained most of the days, which I relly enjoyed.
I decided to come home a few days before doing to Libby's. I really needed to just crash for awhile at home, and it was good for me to be here. I was able to pay some bills and take care of some time-sensitive mail, as well as straighten the house a bit and feel more in control of my life. Amanda and the kids pulled the weeds in my back yard while I was gone. It really looks nice out there. I guess they enjoy doing it, so I'm suggesting they come over every couple of weeks. They can weed and I can take them to lunch or fix breakfast or something. The roses are bushing out and blooming and are beautiful! I'm glad I finally pruned them, and I'm glad I didn't ruin them! I have no other flowers around in pots, either in front or on my deck. Maybe when Reed's boys are here I can do a few! Jens is anxious to do some weeding and other work. Maybe I'll get them to help me clean the garage!
I will be with Libby in Indiana until June 16. I have a very busy June coming up and am glad to be over my neuropathy flare-up. The next few weeks should be a lot of fun!
Why do your grandkids like to weed?! I remember hating it unless you paid us for it. That was awesome to get 1 cent per weed, but I think you only did that once.
ReplyDeleteMy kids are weird. They like weeding and gardening and cleaning the bathroom. They'd wash the dishes if we let them!
ReplyDelete