
"Professor" Stuart
Well, Friday I began teaching the Public Speaking course at UVU. I have really resisted having to go back to work, but I know it will be good for me. Just the walking from the parking lot to the classroom and back will be a big boost for me! I have 25 students, and I am looking forward to the experience. Libby keeps telling me I will be able to do it just fine, and it's true that being back in the classroom gave me a bit of a lift. I am going to take several workshops to learn how to use their technology and management programs.
It has been a bit crunchy for me, all the travel and having only a day in-between trips, etc. and also I had to teach my Gospel Doctrine class today, so I had to prep for that and for a real lesson for class tomorrow. (Friday was just going over the syllabus and doing some introductions.) Libby has been so helpful, both in specific information and her enthusiastic encouragement.
It was great to be with Reed's family and now I have Miles, Jens and Christian here. I feel a little stretched to be having to work on a new teaching assignment and also trying to do some fun things with them. They are really good kids, though, and are entertaining themselves a lot of the time. I am so glad to have this time with them.
I can't think of anyone more capable than you to teach college kids. So fun to see you last Sunday. Those boys are good kids!
ReplyDeleteI updated your picture in Blackboard to this one you just posted. The first semester might be a bit scary, but you will feel confident and be having fun next semester and certainly by semester #3. Part-time college teaching is really the best part-time job possible. And UVU is a great place to work, so have fun!
ReplyDeleteWish I could be there and see the boys!