I arrived at (sister-in-law)Leah's on March 25 with the quilt previously pictured and Libby's quilt that she machine quilted. Leah (Peterson Baird) immediately put up the frame in her living room and we went to work, wondering if we could get them both done before I went home. Well, I knew we could! We had both quilts done before Saturday afternoon session of Conference was finished! Leah's portions can be recognized by her small, regular, close stitches. My parts can be recognized by their not small, nor regular, nor close stitiches. But at least this time I did more than one square! The first quilt I did with her (last year) she did 11 squares while I did 1! See, I'm getting better!
I won't write much. I'll be going home in the morning. It has been a wonderful time with Leah and we have talked and laughed and quilted and read and watched TV and Netflix movies and eaten (and eaten and laughed and talked and eaten!) and it has been great. I really appreciate her help with these quilts. She is the Quilt Queen, as far as I am concerned. She doesn't know quite how to introduce me. I am her sister-in-law, yes, but my last name--Shadoan? Peterson? Stuart?--which one to use--is a bit confusing. Since she's no longer Peterson, and neither am I, the relationship isn't obvious by our names!
I hope I remember to take photos of her daffodils and tulips tomorrow morning before I leave. I'll post them when I get home. But this has been a fun few days with her and I feel very refreshed and rejuvenated.
She and I are thinking of taking another trip together. It will depend totally on my financial situation. If I can teach several sections at UVU this summer and fall, or get a little extra from someplace else, I might just make it. You all know that somehow I will try to squeeze out money for travel even if I'm down to my last $$. It's such a pity they won't take either my blood or my plasma, or my savings would be growing already...
Maybe there are research studies at the U that you could be part of. Ethan got a lot of money last year for doing a cream cheese study. And I got $200 once upon a time for giving a pint of mono-infected plasma to a research study.
ReplyDeleteGlad you've had so much fun with Aunt Leah!
I think I inherited the "I will try to squeeze out money for travel even if I'm down to my last $$" gene. We still can't make ourselves cancel our Disneyland trip, even though the $ could go to better things. Hopefully I've got a job by then so we don't have to cancel last minute to pay bills. Not having enough $ for a "free" trip is LAME.
ReplyDelete