Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rain, rain, come again!

We are having lovely thunder showers this afternoon, with some fairly strong bursts of rain. I love it! The louder the thunder, the better I like it. So---bring it on!! Growing up in the mountains of western Montana I was used to lots of summer thunder storms. Since my grandmother (Nana) spent many summers with us, she had a great influence on my life. She loved thunder and lightning, and would glory in the storms. "Come and watch!" she'd say. "Oh, listen to that thunder!" she would clasp her hands and exclaim. I loved the storms in Tucson, where they really do have real thunderstorms with spectacular lightning, and really miss them.

Joel came over this afternoon so he could have a bath in my big tub. Maddy got to have one the other night, and he was very disappointed that his parents came for him before his turn. We also went to WalMart and got a few action figures and some Legos for kids to play with. I'm really trying to find things that will entertain them when they come over. So far the Netflix movies don't hold their interest except when they have sleepovers.

I am ready to quilt Marina's lap quilt. I bought the backing yesterday and am really excited to finish it. I have it on the frame downstairs where I can watch movies while I quilt. There is a problem, however. David's big rear projection TV is going out. It has yellow and blue stripes on the picture. Jenny says it is probably at least 15 years old, which is about what I imagined. So I guess I'll get rid of it. If Andy and Amanda move in with me I won't need my own downstairs, so I'll just wait and see. I really don't want to have to buy a new TV, and just might have to move my quilting frame and mess upstairs! Oh, my!! Don't I have big problems in my life, though!?

On the other hand, I could get a new TV for down there and if Andy and Amanda move in, I could put it in my bedroom...And they won't stay forever, so I'll need a second one eventually...But I'm trying to save $$ for a trip in the fall, and the recent volcanic eruption in Iceland has reminded me that unforeseen events can quickly decimate carefully made plans...

A new "pain reliever" is going around our (retirement) community. It's called AMized Fusion Technology and it seems to have miraculously helped several people who were literally debilitated by pain. I searched the Internet, and pretty much the only information out there is from the company that makes the "wand." It sounds to me like a "magnet" thing. My Dad was so into that. But whatever works for somebody, hey, good for them.

3 comments:

  1. Your exciting life persists! I love thunderstorms, too. We get some pretty good ones in Indiana, but not much so far this year.

    We have Dad's old TV that you are welcome to have. So, it must be about as old as David's was, but it works perfectly. Do you think you could take it back on the plane with you in June? Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been getting snow in our neighborhood, although it usually melts by the afternoon.

    That's so funny that Andy's kids are excited about having a bath in your big tub! Cute.

    Yeah, stay away from fad remedies! Those magnets never helped my headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for sending the rain here! It's been great to have so much of it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete