Kevin's youngest, Wilder, turned 1 on November 4. Here he is, trying out his new shoes. I was able to go there for dinner and birthday cake, then went to LeeAnn's to stay with her boys for awhile. They are both very busy, and lots of fun.
Saturday night Sandra and I went to a patriotic tribute to veterans at a local private school, courtesy of my neighbor who teaches there. We had a lovely "dessert" get-together with neighbors at her house, then went to the program. The musical tribute and vintage film footage focused on WWII, and of course was an emotional experience for us.
On Friday, Sandra and I made a field trip to Harmon's grocery store (OK, we're easy to entertain!!) and had lunch at a little Mexican restaurant in the strip mall. Our weather this past week has been fantastic. Beautiful fall weather, comfortably warm (high 60s, low 70s) with trees in the yards either gold or red. Very nice!
I finished piecing an autumn-colored lap quilt, and when I finish quilting the one on the frame, which will be soon, I'll put it on and quilt it. My fingers get sore if I quilt too long at a time!
I talked to my uncle Ralph Halterman last night and I will be going to Seattle to see him for a few days and start on his life story. His health is kind of iffy, and we both feel some urgency to get it done. I'm going to squeeze the trip in between Bonnie leaving and Libby coming--Dec. 10-14, I think. I certainly have a busy few weeks coming up! This is a photo of Uncle Ralph taken last April when I visited him in Seattle.
Oh, and I have invited two couples and Sandra to come over on Monday night to have Raclette. I have a couple more people to invite, but I guess this proves I am becoming more of my old self. It just takes time!
I'm so glad we are fellow bloggers. I can hear you talking when I read about your comings and goings!
ReplyDelete>I guess this proves I am becoming more of my old self
ReplyDeleteI think we already knew that you were an old self.
Thanks again for watching our boys!
ReplyDelete(Pete, you are witty as always!)
Was the musical thing about veterans the Michael Ballam thing at American Heritage school? I KNEW you'd be drawn to that for more than one reason!
I missed another nephew's birthday... Life is fast.
Say hello to Uncle Ralph from me! Sorry to hear he's declining in health.