The fall semester started at UVU last week, and I must say I'm having a lot more fun this time around. For one thing, I am not in pain! Yes, folks, for the first time in several months I am actually walking normally, not groaning every time I stand up, or whining about life in general! It's wonderful!!
I was going to teach a second class, Introduction to Speech Communication, but it didn't get enough students. I was fine either way--if it carried, I'd have some more $$. If it didn't, I would have more time and less stress. So this works for me! I'm going to be able to have fun with my Public Speaking class, and it seems to be a good group of students. Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. I'd rather teach in the morning, but this is nice for a change.
I guess I must have left my flash drive in the classroom last Tuesday, as I can't seem to find it. I was hoping that maybe in this fairly high standards environment someone might have turned it in to the communication office or left it in the classroom. But I bought a couple of new ones. They are really handy!!
Busbyberkly had her 9th birthday this week. She was so tiny we didn't know if she would even live, and here she is, a darling, bright, vivacious little nine-year-old. Praise God for this wonderful blessing!!
I don't have any photos to post. Sorry. My blogs are mostly boring stuff!
So your flash drive wasn't in the classroom when you came back on Thursday? Usually people just leave things in there assuming teachers will come back and retrieve whatever they lost. Did you check Lost and Found? That's in the Student Center.
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad this semester is going better for you; I knew it would. I'm glad you're enjoying this job because I think it is perfect for you. And I'm also glad you're feeling better!
I thought perhaps they would turn it in at the communication office because I think all the classes in there are in the department. Unfortunately I apparently left something in there on Thursday, also--some student work I needed to take home: a chart page and worksheet. I called Natalie to check for me but didn't hear back, so I assume it wasn't there. I have tried to be very mindful and careful when I leave the class, but apparently I'm not as careful as I thought! And yes, it is so much better now that I don't hurt!!!!!
ReplyDelete