As you must have noticed, it has been a month since I posted anything on my blog. I always have a tough time with January, probably because I enjoy Christmas so much, and in fact it has been holiday hog-heaven since Halloween, when you think about it! But this year has been particularly hard for some reason; probably a combination of factors. So I really haven't had any interest in sharing my dreary attitude and lack of accomplishments with anybody.
One of the problems with depression is that it robs you of any willingness to do the very things that will get you out of the depression. I'm not "that bad" fortunately, but pretty close to the edge. There are two obvious solutions: gratitude and exercise. But who cares??? Well, service is a third one. Anyway, I have so many blessings that it only adds to my guilt that I seem to have a lack of gratitude! Oh, well....Whatever! Now it's February and I need to stop whining!
I have Marina's quilt top nearly finished. I should post a photo of it. And I am making blocks for another quilt that I think will be really pretty. So I do have some fun things going on. And I'm keeping myself entertained with Netflix and Agatha Christie and Anne Perry and the scriptures and some new authors I'm trying. And Andy's kids had a sleepover at my house last weekend. I didn't take any photos but we all had fun. And every couple of days I have to make an excuse to go over to Andy's so I can hold the new baby! That's about as close to heaven as I get these days!
It doesn't help that we're having such a bogus winter with very rare snowstorms!
I listened to a Disney podcast the other day that was playing some Chrsitmas music, and it made me wish it was Chrsitmastime again/still.
ReplyDeleteUh, I mean "Christmas" on both of those--I always type those letters wrong.
ReplyDeleteI'm okay with it not being Christmas. I want it to be my birthday. That's more fun in a lot of ways, and I don't have to worry about the roads being icy. I love spring! But I know that's when Mom gets even more depressed. I have to exercise in the winter or else I get really depressed.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you had a tough January. I hit the winter wall around this time in February every year - I lose my "winter's not THAT bad" attitude and feel so sick of it all. Especially when I'm often just cooped up all day. Let's hope spring weather is just around the corner! :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. - My boys loved the Valentines!
ReplyDelete