Sunday, August 22, 2010

Update Overdue, but....

Yes, I know it has been a long time since I updated my blog, but to tell the truth, I have nothing but whining to put on it, so I don't really want to bring anybody up to date on anything in my life.

Well, maybe except I will be teaching 2 classes at UVU starting this week. I will have Public Speaking again and I have been asked to teach an Introduction to speech Communication, which is more up my alley, on Fridays only. So I will have Public Speaking on Tues and Thursday afternoons and Intro to Comm on Friday mid-day. The only thing that is freaking me out--and it is--is that I really hurt a lot and I don't know when it's going to get any better--maybe never, actually, and the thought of walking to and from class and teaching, and trying to prepare lessons while I'm in pain, is overwhelming to me. I am not a happy camper to say the least!

The best thing lately is that Leah came on Saturday (yesterday) to spend a few days with me. (She was with Julianne for a week before that.) I'll take her to the airport on Tuesday morning. I always enjoy being with her. We have a great time. Tonight we went to a Petersons Cousins party, which are always a lot of fun. I know I have written before about how nice it is to be with Leland's cousins, who are active in the Church and can share experiences from the past as well as what everyone is doing now. It is so strengthening to be surrounded by family members who are well-grounded in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have to be at physical therapy by 8:30 in the morning. My PT wants me to start doing water aerobics. I told her I "don't do water." She very heartlessly said, "Well maybe you need to start!" Leah has been going to water aerobics for many years and is convinced that is one reason she stays so healthy. I think she's probably right. My little temper tantrum of "I don't want to" didn't go over too well with my PT. Leah is saying we will go get me a suit tomorrow. But wait---not so fast! I do plan to look at the AF Fitness Center schedule when I finish here and before I go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. Water aerobics really would be perfect for your condition! And you will feel right at home with all the other "little old ladies." Seriously. What do you mean you "don't do water"? You don't have to shave your legs anymore, so you don't need to worry about anything. I'm voting for you do to water aerobics!

    Have fun with Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, really ANY exercise would be good for you and your pain but I am guessing the PT wants you to swim so you won't be in pain WHILE you exercise. PT's are smart that way. It will be really good for you. I second Libby's vote. And since she's almost a Dr. you better listen.

    ReplyDelete